Help! I rooted my evo, now what do I do?
A few weeks ago I rooted my HTC Evo 4G using the unrevoked 3 tool to flash my phone’s firmware and allow full root access to the internals. The unrevoked app was one of the best user experiences I have seen in a while (walks you through each step with a nice clean interface). Everything went great until the end when I was left wondering…
“Am I done? What do I do now?“
Mount the file system as root
From the great Droid Incredible rooting tutortial over jonamerica.com…
- Turn the phone off
- Reboot the phone by holding down the power button and down-volume button
- From the menu, select recovery
- After the phone boots into recovery mode, select partitions
- Select mount /system
- Now, from your machine (with the android sdk tools installed) execute “adb shell”
- Now your are connected with root access
I had trouble with the Android Wifi-Tether app on the app store so I downloaded the latest code from the Google Code homepage. Install, enable access control (so that you can approve/deny anyone connecting by MAC) and go!
This post has nothing to do with Clojure or Lisp. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
This post has no opinion of Richard Stallman. Nada. Zip. Zilch.