For my co-blogger:
- What are you currently hacking on?
- What are you currently getting better at?
- What do you do when your computer is asleep?
- Describe that ‘big fish’ project that’s been stewing in your brain.
- What are you gonna post about this coming week?
I expect I’ll get 5 back, so as a gesture of good faith, I’ll start.
1. I’m currently working on figuring out how Google generates shadow images from marker images for Google Maps. There’s a website out there already that will generate shadows from images for you, but they’re not pixel-perfect enough for my picky brain.
2. I’m currently learning Haskell. I’ve been at it for about 2 months. I can safely say that I’ve achieved a high degree of second-order incompetance in the language. The fact that I’ve achieved minor successes at producing working programs is doing nothing to allay this fact.
3. When I’m not writing code, I’m playing Halo or running. The summer 5K circuit is starting up and running is a favorite sport of mine because you need only shoes to get started, and even those are optional.
4. Big, nebulous project for me is making something that my family and technically disinclined friends would actually find useful. They all have computers and none of them is very impressed with the machines themselves or by what I do with them, which is baffling, I know. But, if I could give these people a tiny box with no switches or manuals and improve their lives without altering their day-to-day routines, that’d be a win for me.
5. This coming week, I’m gonna post a few more of these questions in the order they occur to me and something related to Haskell and my experiences with it so far.